"Connecting Christ to the realities of life in such a way that His claims can be examined, the adventure of Christianity explored, the joy of community experienced, and where the power of a transformed life can be demonstrated."
Our core values:
- We believe that the most effective evangelism happens through people inviting people. We believe that a life will reach a life. Each believer develops genuine relationships with family and friends and extends and invitation to them. Evangelism gets to be a normal, natural lifestyle of winning others to Christ, one by one. (Pr. 11:30; Jn. 1:43-45; Jn. 4:28-30; 1 Cor. 9:21-23)
- We believe that God is worthy of our very best. Therefore, a growing spirit of excellence should permeate every activity. Not perfection but excellence with consistent evaluation and a willingness to improve for the sake of the Kingdom of God are distinctive of growing ministries. (Ps. 78:72; Dan. 5:12; Col. 3:17; Ecc. 10:10)
- We believe that a simple presentation of Jesus Christ in creative ways will impact and transform lives. Relating to our culture through redeeming the arts while remaining true to the Scriptures is a balance we will always keep. This allows us to present the Gospel in such a way that reaches the heart. (Prov. 25:11;1 Cor. 9:22,23; Acts 17:22-34)
- In Keeping with the Great Commandment, we believe every member should commit to a lifestyle of consistent spiritual growth with honest accountability. A genuine love for God is always the first priority. Every Christian should yearn for continual spiritual growth. Therefore, discipleship through small groups, accountability, and open honestly is critical to maturing in our faith. (Mk. 12:29-31; Acts 2:44-47; 1 Pt. 2:2; 1 Tim 4:7,8; Prov. 27:17)
- We believe that questions don’t offend God, therefore they shouldn’t offend God’s people. Creating a safe and non-judgmental environment encourages the seeker to keep asking, seeking, and knocking. Only God knows the place on the journey of faith where each heart is at. The Holy Spirit convicts and convinces and we provide an atmosphere of grace in which to discover His reality. (Ecc. 12:12; Jer. 11:20-12:1; Is. 43:26; Mt. 7:7; Acts 17:11)
- We believe that genuine love and caring relationships are key to the life of every endeavor. Refusing to give audience to a spirit of complaining, we will instead be courageous in solving every problem in a way that honors God and builds biblical character. We value healthy relationships by protecting the unity of the Spirit in our church. (Jms. 1:2,3; 1 Pt. 3:8, 9; 1 Cor. 13:8; Ro. 16:17; Eph. 4:3)
- We believe that every member is a minister who has been given gifts to be discovered, developed, and deployed. We are a gift-based, volunteer driven church. Each believer will find his greatest joy and fulfillment when serving in his spiritual gifts and passion. Every believer is created for ministry, gifted for ministry, authorized for ministry, and needed for ministry. (Mk. 10:45; Eph. 2:10; Ro. 12; 1 Cor. 12:14-20)
- We believe that “doing church as a team” is God’s design for effective ministry.
A Spirit-empowered serving with the willing hearted involvement of every person is vital to God’s plan being accomplished. (Eccl. 4:9-12; Ps. 133:1; Eph. 4:11-16; 1 Pt. 2:4-9)
- We believe in identifying and training emerging leaders who are fully committed to Christ and who will reach their generation with the Gospel. God is raising up men and women who will take the baton of godly character, authentic faith, and servant-hearted leadership into the next generation. (2 Tm. 2:2; 1 Tm. 3:1; Titus 1:5-9; Ps. 78:6,7)
- We believe that every person, Christian and non-Christian alike, is valuable to God and to His Kingdom. Because people are eternally valuable to God, they are to us as well. We will strive to care for the community around us in practical ways and love people right where they are at. Responsible servant evangelism will always be our cause and ongoing discipleship will always be the core of the ministry. (Mt. 18:14; Mt. 25:45; 2 Pt. 3:9)
- A big Mahalo (thank you) to Pastor Wayne Cordeiro and our New Hope ‘Ohana (family) for helping us put words to the values in our hearts and for helping us put feet to the dream of planting a different kind of church.